Cherokee County Jurisdictions

Posted by Richard Lawson | Jun 26, 2010 | 0 Comments

In Cherokee County there are multiple jurisdictions.  If you are arrested in unincorporated Cherokee County, your case will start in the Cherokee County DUI Court.  At DUI Court, you are evaluated to see if you are a multiple offender.  If it is a first offense, your case will be transferred to the Cherokee County State Court.  If you are arrested within a city limit, your case will start in Canton Municipal Court, Woodstock Municipal Court, or Holly Springs Municipal Court.  It is important to have an attorney who knows the local rules in each court in order to get the best possible result. 

About the Author

Richard Lawson

Richard S. Lawson is passionate about intoxicated driving defense. Unlike some attorneys, Mr. Lawson devotes 100% of his legal practice to helping people stand up for their rights against DUI charges. For more than 20 years, Mr. Lawson has dutifully fought for his clients' freedom, resolving more 4,900 impaired driving cases during the course of his career. Today, Mr. Lawson has developed a reputation as a skilled negotiator and continues to help clients by fighting to keep them out of jail.


There are no comments for this post. Be the first and Add your Comment below.

Leave a Comment